Monday, April 9, 2018

Adventures in Friendship: Day 8

It has been a couple of days since Marie went back home and I got to thinking about how lucky I am to have a friend like her.  She won't like me bringing this up because she says it gives an idea to our age, but we have been best friends since we were eight years old.  We have definitely fought the odds with our friendship.  Our friendship survived the big move when Marie & her family moved to the other side of the country right before we started high school.  We wrote constantly, which still happens to this day, and we stayed in touch.  Our lives grew, we got jobs in the adult world, we got married and yet, we stayed in touch.  And it wasn't just a letter here, a phone call there.  There is a connection between the two of us that goes deeper than most.  We know each others past, both the good and the bad.  Yes, there has been times where we fought but the conversation has never stopped.  Marie gave me a picture frame that pretty much sums up our friendship:

"Hey girlfriend!  We may not see each other for ages but we never seem to miss a beat.  Our friendship is a never ending conversation."

So to you, my dearest friend, my sister from another mother, & my evil twin, thank you for being my friend for all these years.  Having you visit me this spring was fabulous.  I look forward to many more adventures and years of friendship. 

Until our next conversation, smooches!

View from one of the planes when
Marie went home


No comments:

Post a Comment