Sunday, January 28, 2018

Living In a World of Fantasy

What book or book series did you wish would continue when you were done reading it?  (Prompt 294 out of 300 from the writing prompt journal)


I fell in love with a book I found in the library as a teen called The Silver Wolf by Alice Borchardt.  (She was the older sister of Anne Rice).  I fell in love with the stories she spun.  The last book I read of hers was The Raven Warrior, which was the second book in a series she started about Guinevere, Lancelot, Arthur, and Merlin.  It was amazing to read such an interesting twist on the Arthurian legend and have Guinevere portrayed not as a weak willed, church controlled wife of Arthur, but as a strong queen and leader to her people.  Sadly, Mrs. Borchardt passed away and no other books followed The Raven Warrior.  I would have loved to read how the story ended.












(Photo from: https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1388546321l/258660.jpg)

No comments:

Post a Comment