Thursday, January 18, 2018

I'm Late, I'm Late For a Very Important Date

What date do you have circled on your calendar?  That is, what upcoming date or event are you looking forward to?  (Prompt 295 out of 300 from the writing journal)


Unlike a lot of people, I actually look forward to my birthday.  But, it is not for the reasons you may think.  It is the one time of year that I can be completely selfish and have the day be all about me.  Work calls me and asks me to come in? Nope!  Not setting an alarm to wake me up?  You bet ya!  I always take my birthday off from my job(s) every year and dedicate the day to some me time.

This is something that I tell people a lot.  It is okay to be selfish on your birthday.  Treat it as your own personal holiday.  Do what makes you feel good (as long as it is legal) and take care of you on your birthday.






















(Photo from: https://i.pinimg.com/236x/b4/60/87/b460877e377a5af8033877c044b6184b--alice-in-wonderland-white-rabbit-alice-in-wonderland-quote.jpg)

No comments:

Post a Comment