Friday, January 13, 2017

Weigh In Time (Part 1)

So, we had our first official weigh in for the weight loss challenge.  I lost 4.6 pounds since the initial weigh in (last Wednesday).  Not to bad of a start to the challenge.  Now the key thing will be to continue loosing the weight while not gaining any of it back.

I can't say that I did much to loose the pounds, other than got sick.  I was able to talk myself out of picking up several sodas through out the week, which I don't keep in the house for that very reason.  The next hard step will be to continue to hold on to that willpower and say no to things that I shouldn't have.  This means continuing to cut back on sweets and how much soda I drink.  (For those that say I should cut it out completely, that isn't going to happen so don't harp me on it.)

The other part of my plan to keep the weight from coming back is to get more exercise into my life.  Since I work 2 jobs, heading to the gym is not an option plus it is an expense that I really can't afford right now.  Every day I do not work my 2nd job, I plan on working out in my living room either on the Wii or using one of the 2  workout videos that I have.  I want to try to do at least 30 minutes on those days.  On the days that I do work both jobs, I have a little workout sheet that challenges me to do a certain amount of planks, crunches, squats, and push-ups every day, with every 4th day or so being a time to rest.  Ideally, I want to do one of each of those challenges but I will settle for doing two on the days that I work both jobs.

So, here is hoping that this week's success is a good sign of things to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment