Monday, January 23, 2017

It's All About ME!!!

There comes one day for everyone where others celebrate.  It is a time of gifts, cake, and all around party silliness.  That's right, I am talking about a person's birthday.

To me, a birthday is your own personal holiday.  You should be able to do whatever you want because it it your day.  Eat the whole birthday cake by yourself?  Sure, why not.  Dance naked in your front yard? Okay but make sure you have bail money.

Me personally, all I ask is to not work on that day, to sleep in, and to enjoy Chinese food for lunch.  A simple day but it makes me happy.  I can focus on me on the day of my birth and not feel bad about it.  And why should you feel bad?  There is 365 days in a year (366 if you are on a leap year) and on most days, we dedicate ourselves to others.  It is not too much to ask to have a day to yourself at least once a year and it is not selfish.  Don't let others try to convince you otherwise.

So, have fun and celebrate the day you were born.  The world became more awesome the day you joined it.

Smooches!


No comments:

Post a Comment