Wednesday, January 4, 2017

It Is For Your Own Good

With the new year upon us, it is time for people to start making those new year's resolutions.  We all do it, even if we don't say them out loud.  According to statisicbrain.com the top 5 resolutions are:
1) Loose Weight
2) Get organized
3) Spend less, save more
4) Enjoying life to the fullest
5) Staying fit and healthy

Any of these sounding familiar?  And according to the same site, 45% of Americans make new year's resolutions, although it didn't say what the percentage was of people actually keeping them.

I will admit that my "unspoken resolution" is the 1st one on the above list.  (Hey I didn't say it, I just wrote it so it is still considered an unspoken resolution.)  And since I work at a school, they are doing a a weight loss challenge.  It costs $20 to enter and you are weighed in every Friday.  At the end of 13 weeks, a winner will be chosen based on the percentage of weight lost.

Now, I will admit that this will be a challenge for me.  My weight is definitely not where I would like it to be, due to lack of exercise and my veracious sweet tooth.  However, it is something that I need to do.  Heart problems run on both sides of my family and weight induced diabetes runs on my mom's side.  Plus it would help my lower joints tremendously if I could loose some of the weight and keep it off.

Why am I telling you any of this? I do plan on documenting my experience in this challenge.  Maybe someone will see it and it will encourage them.  Maybe it will act as a reminder to keep trying.  I'll share my weight at the start (194 pounds) and at the end, and hopefully, there will be a good change in the numbers.

I just need to remember....it is for my own good


No comments:

Post a Comment