Sunday, February 7, 2021

Gabby Memories

 The year 2021 will always be, in my mind, one of the worst years of my life. On the 6th of February, my husband and I had to say goodbye to our fuzzy daughter Gabby. It was the most heartwrenching things I have ever had to do. 

She was such a silly girl with the attitude of a diva. This is how I want to remember her. In an act of healing an remembrance, I wish to share memories of her. 

Memory 1: When we 1st met her, she was the runt of her litter. She fit in my hand. Even with the double hernia on her belly, she was so full of attitude. She was fearless and wanted her way. We tried to not let her sleep in our bedroom, but she wasn't going to have that. She meowed her little head off and we let her sleep with us the 1st night and every night.

Memory 2: One day, when she was still a little kitten, we thought she got out of our apartment because we couldn't find her. My husband and I were in a panic. She was so little that she couldn't wear a collar. We were so scared that she was lost. I walked past a pair of my husband's sneakers lying on the floor & just happened to look down. I spotted a silvery gray tail draped over the edge of one shoe. I shouted to my husband that I had found her. He asked where & I told him that she had fallen asleep in his shoe. Lee reacted to the news with a bit of shock, saying that it couldn't smell that good. We both couldn't help but laugh.


One of the many pictures of my darling Gabby on my phone. She loved laying on my lap & snoozing.

No comments:

Post a Comment