Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Cats Are Toddlers

 "Oscar, don't lick that thing off the carpet! You don't know what it is."

Sounds like I am reprimanding a toddler right? Nope. It was something I said this evening to my almost 12 year old cat Oscar.  There are times when I feel that living with a cat is like living with a small, furry toddler. Here are some examples of I've said in my years of being a cat mom:

Gabby, don't smack your brother!

Oscar don't sit on your sister!

Stop trying to crawl into the dryer/closet/pantry.

Get out of the dryer/closet/pantry!

Don't eat your sister's barf!

No, I will not give you more treats.

If you eat too fast, you'll get yourself sick.

These phrases are just a sampling of what I have said (repeatedly) in my 11 years as a cat mom. They sound an awful lot like phrases uttered by people with toddlers. But honestly, the antics that I've seen over the years make those phrases worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment