Thursday, September 12, 2019

And Then, Kindness Came Unexpectedly

When you are an individual that doesn't get noticed much or gets swept under the rug or is the odd man out, it is a rare jewel to receive news that a person fought back for you.

To set the scene, last week I had a major allergy attack. Not just the sinus congestion and runny nose, but raw throat with muscle & joint aches that make you feel like you have been run over by a mac truck. I did what I always do, took some meds and went to work. Not the best thing I could have done since it felt like my brain was floating in a vat of stupid. I did my best that day but towards the end, I was dragging. I was doing everything I could to keep moving because I knew if I stopped, it was very unlikely that I would be able to get going again. Apparently, what I was doing wasn't enough because I got my ass chewed by one of my managers. After that, I felt rather broken.

I learned earlier today that a dear associate friend of mine that I love to work with, Ann, told me what she told the same manager how much the store needed me and how I didn't deserve what I had received that night. When she told me that, it almost made me cry. It was something that I needed to hear & was so wonderful to have someone come to my defense.  Ann has been a wonderful person to work with and we have become good friends.

That one, simple act of kindness made the world in which I dwell a little less darker. So to you my dear Ann, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for coming to my defense. Your kindness & friendship will always be cherished my dear friend. You always have my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment