Sunday, September 15, 2019

Culinary Aventures with Kit Kats

So my good friend Marie loves to send me interesting things and this newest gift that arrived in the mail is no exception. She sent me a movie and a bag of mini Kit Kat bars; 16 of them to be exact. They aren't your ordinary Kit Kats; they are flavors that appear in Japan.

Unknown Kit Kat #1
Upon opening, the Kit Kat was a green tea color with no real strong smell. Ironically enough, green tea was the flavor. It wasn't bad, just a strong flavor, similar to a stongly brewed macha green tea. Lee declined to try this one.

Unknown Kit Kat #2
This one had a sandwich picture on it. It smelled chocolaty with a touch of peanut butter. Didn't taste too different than a traditional Kit Kat. Lee tried this one and agreed that it was pretty good.

Unknown Kit Kat #3
The package had no pictures, just writing. This one was a dark green in color and smelled like green tea. It also tasted like strong green tea, very much like unknown Kit Kat #1. Lee again declined to taste it.

Unknown Kit Kat #4
The package just had a picture of an apple on it. It was the traditional Kit Kat chocolate brown and did have the strong smell of an apple. It tasted as if you took the green apple Jolly Rancher flavor and infused it into the chocolate. It wasn't bad, just unusual. Lee didn't want to try this one either since he isn't a big fan of apples.

Unknown Kit Kat #5
I was a little worried to try this one since I was worried it would be really spicy but it didn't smell like it. It was covered in white chocolate and smelled a bit like hazelnut. It tasted like it too. Even though it didn't taste bad, I don't think that I'd want to eat a big one since hazelnut reminds me too much of coffee (since it is paired so much with it). I was the only one who ate it.

Unknown Kit Kat #6
This one had a leaf shaped cookie that looked to have a chocolate filling. It was covered with a chocolate that looked beige in color and had a nutty smell. It tasted a bit nutty as well but I couldn't place the taste. Either way, it was pretty good.

Unknown Kit Kat #7
This package was solid black and smelled like dark chocolate. It tasted like dark chocolate as well but not the normal kind. It tasted like it was one of the higher percentages. Either way, both Lee and I enjoyed this one.

Unknown Kit Kat #8
A lavender colored Kit Kat awaited me under this purple wrapper with its purple frosted cookie. It really didn't have a smell but when I bit into it, it had a flavor of white chocolate mixed with a touch of blueberry. It was tasty but since I said it had a blueberry flavor, Lee declined to try it.

Unknown Kit Kat #9
Can we say how bold the letters are on this red package? I'm not sure that I could have figured out that it was a Kit Kat (read that last sentence with as much sarcasm as you can). Anyways, this one was an original Kit Kat.

Unknown Kit Kat #10
The picture that was on this package looked to be a slice of cheesecake with a strawberry drizzle on it. The flavor was a bit like a cheesecake chocolate so it wasn't too bad. Cheesecake is a hard flavor to replicate well in chocolate. Lee didn't want to try it.

Unknown Kit Kat #11
Thanks to a coworker of mine, she informed me that the writing on this particular Kit Kat was wasabi. Never having wasabi before but knowing of it's heat, ot made me a bit nervous to try it. It was a pale green in color with no particular smell. When I ate it, there was no spiciness, just a bit of gritty white chocolate. Lee declined to try it.

Unknown Kit Kat #12
So no pictures on this one but when I opened it, it smelled a lot like watermelon. The chocolate was also a pale pink. I do have to admit that it tasted like watermelon as well. It was a very unusual taste. Lee didn't want to try it.


Unknown Kit Kat #13
So this one sported a picture of a wine filled glass paired with raisins. The candy was covered in white chocolate & smelled of raisins. It definitely tasted of raisins too. Not one I would care to eat again. I like raisins, just not raisin flavored chocolate.


Unknown Kit Kat #14
Can we say green tea number 3? Same flavor as unknown Kit Kats 1 and 3. Rather strong. Don't think the green tea ones are my cup of tea. (Get it? Ha!)


Unknown Kit Kat #15
This one, based on the picture, I figured would taste like black tea. Opening the package up & seeing the color of the chocolate made me not sure I wanted to taste it. It was baby poop green. It smelled like tea and tastes like licking black tea leaves. Such a strong flavor. Lee laughed at the face I made while trying a bite.


Unknown Kit Kat #16
The last one of the bag. It was pink in color and smelled like strawberry. It tasted pretty good. Sort of reminded me of those pink wafer cookies I had when I was a kid that came in a pack with chocolate & vanilla. Since Lee is not a strawberry fan, so I didn't offer to share.


So this is the end of my Kit Kat adventure. It was a definite ride for my tastebuds. Don't think I want to eat all of these again but it was fun to try new things.


No comments:

Post a Comment