Monday, July 29, 2019

Lead Me Into New Worlds

When I was a kid, I loved to read just about anything I could get my hands on. I still am an avid reader. Since I didn't have a job as a kid and my birthday was only once a year, I couldn't get all the books I wanted, I had to get books another way. Luckily, my mom had moved into a house not far from a local public library.

That wonderful building was my entrance to countless worlds. My favorite part was wandering up and down the aisles, gazing over the multitude of book spines, pulling down every book that called out to me. I got to slay vampires, create mummies, swim with fishes, and visit new planets. Non fiction and fiction books were equal in my eyes.

My mom knew that if I wasn't at the house, I was at the library. If I could have slept there, I probably would have. To this day, I can't even drive past a library without wanting to go in and wander the aisles.

No comments:

Post a Comment