Tuesday, December 19, 2017

My Goddess of Writing

I have always been a lover of mythologies, especially those of Greece and Egypt.  Recently I came across a name of an Egyptian goddess that I didn't know of: Seshat.  It took a bit of time but I found out who she is.  In a nut shell, she is the goddess of writing.  (For more info, click this link: https://www.ancient.eu/Seshat/)

What better goddess for a writer to invoke while working on a manuscript?  I know many that ask the Muses for inspiration and ideas to place in their manuscript.  While I am grateful for the inspiration, I don't always need it.  What I do need is the motivation to start the writing process.  Once I get going, I can only be stopped by cramps in my fingers.

So, to the Goddess Seshat I offer up this prayer:

Lady Seshat, goddess of writing
May my fingers always be nimble as I type my manuscript
May my characters be complex and may the storyline never be flat
May my writing be an inspiration to those that read it














(Picture from http://www.crystalinks.com/seshatglyphs.jpg)

No comments:

Post a Comment