Sunday, October 8, 2017

867-5309



There was a song back in the early 80's that talked about seeing a phone number scrawled on the bathroom and whether or not he should call it.  (You can listen to the song here: https://youtu.be/8ou6DDG5e7I).  This got me thinking of how many times I have gone into a public bathroom and seen a number scratched into the paint of the stall wall.  It normally got my brain working on two tangents pretty regularly.

The first of these tangents was why.  Why would anyone Put someone else's phone number on the wall?  Was it for revenge or a prank?  Did they actually use a real number or did they make one up in the hopes that it would be called and the person on the other end would be rather annoyed?  I have never known any one to write a person's name on a bathroom wall, or at least no one that would admit it to me, so I have no answers to any of those questions.  My husband Lee did text a random phone number once and he said that the person was rather confused about the whole situation.

The second tangent was what would happen if I called one of those numbers.  Would the phone number actually work?  Would the call actually be connected or would it be disconnected?  Would I get a voicemail or would an actual person answer?  Since I have never actually called a number that was written inside a bathroom stall, I guess that these questions won't be answered either since I have no plans to call a random number since I get enough random calls to my phone, which annoy the hell out of me, so I don't want do it to someone else.












(Photo from http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/8675309-jenny.jpg)

No comments:

Post a Comment