Thursday, June 23, 2016

Lazy Day

A while back my dear friend and fellow blogger sent me a book entitled "300 Writing Prompts"  It has 300 different prompts to get your creative juices flowing.  Here's the first one, only 299 more to go :-)


What is your favorite way to spend a lazy day?

A true lazy day to me is when I'm not obligated to do anything.  A day that is free of responsibility.  Ideally, I would be able to sleep as long as my body wanted to.  (Now mind you, my cats would probably wake me up anyway.  They are little stinkers like that.)  A breakfast of chocolate chip waffles covered in fresh strawberries and some whipped cream while lounging in some comfy pjs.  I'd enjoy my tasty breakfast while watching a t.v. show; maybe a few episodes of Star Trek Voyager.  

What am I saying?  A few episodes?  I'd probably binge watch the whole show.  Sprawled on the couch or the bean bag, watching one of my favorite Star Trek shows.  I'd only pause briefly to get something for lunch.  If it were possible, I'd get Chinese food from my favorite place: Best Wok in Champaign.  They have some of the best lo mein noodles that I've ever had.  And they'll even add extra pea pods if you ask nicely. Yum!

After rotting my mind for a while, I think a nice relaxing swim is in order.  I love swimming, it takes the stress off your joints and it helps relax you.  Floating in the water on your back, staring up at the sky makes you feel so peaceful.  I love to do it as the sun sets, watching the sky change colors and the stars come out.  Once I'm sufficiently pruned up, I would dry off and change back into cozy pjs.  Grabbing a book, I'd crawl into bed and read while curled up with my kitties.  How's that for a lazy day?


No comments:

Post a Comment