Sunday, January 16, 2022

Weird Family Facts

My very best friend Marie and I are bloggers. In fact, she was the one that got me started. Sadly, due to the chaos of life and my own ditziness, I'm not the most regular writer. So, for the holidays, I got both of us a journal of writing prompts. It was Marie's idea to pick one every Wednesday and write. I picked the first one.


Writing Prompt: Do you know any interesting facts about your family history, if so what?

Both sides of my family were never really big on sharing family history or stories of the past. The few things I do know have been thanks to my mom's research of her family. I can recall three interesting stories:

Interesting fact #1: My great grandpa (my maternal grandma's dad) traveled to Montana in a covered wagon.

Interesting fact #2: Apparently, my ancestors have been in the US longer than I thought. I have an ancestor who fought in the war of 1812.

Interesting fact #3: One of my ancestors fled to the US to avoid being forced to join the Army during the reign of Catherine the Great.



No comments:

Post a Comment