Sunday, August 29, 2021

Ad Oddities

 So, we all know that ads are on social media so that, for the most part, it is free to those that use it. Now, there are mathematical algorithms to put ads with certian audiences.  Apparently, the algorithm is broken on one of my social media platforms. 

Just today, I have had the following:
Medicine for RA, lung cancer, and another I couldn't figure out
Stop smoking
Alcohol of 4 different types
Being a surrogate mother in IL

These are just the weird ones that I have seen today. The weirdest one ever is one saying that I should become a nun in the Catholic church. The algorithm must have really been broken that day since I am active on several new age pages and I am married. 

It just amuses me to see what the algorithms will bring me as I scroll through my newsfeed. What weird ones have you gotten?

No comments:

Post a Comment