Sunday, July 24, 2016

Life is a Musical

My hubby and I went to see a play that a friend of mine was in called "Legally Blond: The Musical".  She had a minor part but we still wanted to support her.  Plus, it made us get out of the house.  We went with another couple and tried a new resturant called Gil`s.  (For those that ever visit Central Illinois,  this place can be found in a small town called Hanna City and they have amazing chicken.)  After dinner, we head to the theater, get our tickets and settle in for the show.

(Quick side note:  I did plays in high school and acted in a ren faire group for 3 years.  I enjoy acting but in my entire acting career, I never once was in a musical.)

Anyways, the play was well done and it was fun to watch.  My friend was so happy that we came to see her preform.  The play themed cupcakes that we got to enjoy during intermission were very tasty.  I had the Elle cupcake which was a pink lemonade cupcake with raspberry filling and lemon buttercream frosting with pink sprinkles.  My husband enjoyed the Emmett cupcake, which was a milk chocolate cake filled with caramel cream, topped with caramel buttercream and garnished with a chocolate dipped potato chip.  Lee said that the cupcake was pretty darn good but the chocolate dipped chip tasted pretty bizare.

Why am I even talking about this, you may wonder.  Well, over the next few days, my brain would randomly start creating musical-like tunes in my head.  It didn't matter what I was doing, just about anything would trigger the musical within me.  And I can only assume that it was because of the play.  Now, I have watched musicals on t.v. before and never had this happen.  I can only come to the conclusion that it was because I went & saw a live musical.  The music in my head  was enough to drive me even more batty than I already am.  Luckly, my brain stopped coming up with musical tunes a few days after the play.  I seriously do not want my life to be a musical.  I don't sing very well and if I had the people in my life singing upbeat songs all the time, I might just have to severe my 8th nerve.

The real test if this musical business in my head and whether it is just a fluke or will happen every time I see a musical live is what happens when I go see another live show.  Here's hoping that it is a fluke since I'd rather not have my life become a musical, even if it is only for a few days


2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for the lovely compliments on my cupcakes. Glad you enjoyed them and the show! ♡♡♡~ LiLLY Cakes. Tara w.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite welcome. I love cupcakes and yours were exceptionally tasty

    ReplyDelete