Saturday, May 4, 2019

A Small Business Dies

I found out earlier this week that a wonderful, family owned restaurant that my husband and I have loved from day one, has had to close it's doors. The people who ran it were not cruel & did not serve sub-par food. The place was clean, food was very tasty & didn't break your bank.

While they were new, they had the potential to be great. Sadly, due to a review in the local paper, it seemed like business started to decline. Don't get me wrong, reading reviews can be a good way to gauge a business but the person who wrote this particular one seemed to pick at every tiny flaw he saw, whether they were real or imaginary. And he wasn't even a true food critic. Just a writer doing a job and a poor one at that. Going into any new place, one must not hold it to how other places do things. Each place is different & their good qualities must be viewed that way. This writer did not do that.

So I must bid a fond farewell to a place my husband and I loved so much. Michelle & Jim, thank you for sharing your dream with us. You are wonderful people and I hope that the future holds only good things for you. You will be sadly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment